State of Emergency 2
Add to wishlist
- Publisher: South Peak
Action & Adv
- Platform: PlayStation 2
The complete condition of pre-owned
State of Emergency 2 includes
NOTE: DLC or codes for online access may be missing /expired and may require additional purchase with preowned games. We do not differentiate between original release, day one editions, Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, or Nintendo Selects versions. If you would like to receive a specific version, please contact us.
Trade-in Today and Get Up to: $7.00
Taking place four years after the events of the first game, the story follows returning character Spanky MacNeil as he and the rest of the Freedom Movement wage war against "The Corporation" and its oppressive dictatorship. Many new game-play elements such as a reputation system, gang control, interrogation, driving and flying vehicles add to the fun.
- Storyline - Full cinematic storyline delivered over 12 levels creating a captivating gaming experience without getting in the way of the action.
- Intelligent NPC AI - The general public join your riot as they see you take on corporation. The criminals you release from prison join your rioting and aid your escape.
- Intelligent enemies - Enemies fire blind from around corners, use riot shields and take cover as they try to stop your uprising.
- Lots of on screen action - The State of Emergency engine supports 100 AI characters on screen at one time.
- Gang control - Spanky (and later in the game, MacNeil) can control gangs that inhabit the various districts of Capitol City. Spanky teams up with the Killaz, and later the Mallrats, as they assist him in overcoming the odds against wave after wave of Enforcers. MacNeil recruits the Corporation's own army in the final push over the bridge to New Central before the game reaches its explosive conclusion.
- Multiple vehicles - The game features Helicopters, Tanks, Minitanks (Armored personnel carriers), and speedboats which are playable on both on-rails and free-roaming sections. Hugely destructive, the speedboat has a mortar fixed to the front!
- Interrogation - The interrogation mini game sees Spanky eliciting information the only way he knows how. The player must hit the sweet spot of the interrogation bar in order to get his unwilling informant to talk. Hit him too weakly and he will deliver a barrage of indignant abuse, too hard and you will kill him (Spanky can literally knock someone's head off his shoulders!).
- Abseiling - As mentioned above, Libra features in abseiling levels that require the player to navigate their way up and down buildings, avoiding Enforcers who emerge from the building's windows on either side. On the ascent, abseiling enemies add a further challenge to this disorientating game play sequence.
- Stealth sniper levels - Some levels are best approached quietly, requiring the guards to be silenced before they can reach the alarm; once it goes off the player will be assaulted by a seriously dangerous pack of Enforcers. Distant enemies across the rooftops add a taste of 'where the hell did that come from??' while leaning around corners can help to avoid being spotted and is vital if the player is to avoid being shredded by automated drone guns.
- 15 frantic arcade challenges - We have 15 arcade challenges, each with gold, silver and bronze medals and a high score table. The games challenges include rocket, mini tank, helicopter, sniper and speedboat, with the incredibly fast-paced and hilarious Kaos modes where death and destruction is a GOOD thing.
- 5 multiplayer modes for 1-4 players - This contains traditional multiplayer modes such as deathmatch and flag attack, as well as more unconventional modes such as Last Man Standing (in which the players vie to be the first to kill 50 of the 99 enemies) and Battle mode (in which players take a tank against a grenadier, a rocket man against a minitank, and so on).
- Wide range of weapons and explosives - The full list of weapons is: Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Semi Auto, Silenced .45, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Assault Rifle, Chaingun, Mini SMG, Rocket, 9mm SMG, Sniper Rifle, Grenades, Tear Gas, Remote Mine, Proximity Mine, Molotov cocktail.