This is not a UMD based game. It is a download only game. This retail package contains a cover sheet, a voucher with download instructions, and a full print manual.
Patapon 2 (PlayStation Portable)
Having reached the sea cliffs on their tiny island in Patapon 1, the Patapons endless search for Earthend forces them to venture the high seas, where they battle both tempests and sea monsters of every kind. After a blood curdling battle with a giant sea beast, the Patapons’ ship crashes on the shores of a strange land and even stranger inhabitants. Who are these masked creatures that call themselves the Karmens and why are they trying to stop the Patapons from reaching Earthend? The mystery and adventures continue as the Patapons fight to reach their destiny in Patapon 2!
Sony, on the fact that Patapon 2 will be download only:
"We're considering the digital only format for the Patapon 2 release as a one time test case as we continue to explore consumer preferences for digital content," reads the statement. "The downloadable game will be available on May 5th at both retail and via the PlayStation Store. We remain focused on providing superior games and entertainment experiences in both the UMD and digital formats and are working closely with our partners to deliver the best PSP line up in our history."
- Rhythm and Action Collide - Master all 8 drum rhythms including the new jump command, power up command and party command! Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the masked Karmens.
- Patapon Evolution - Improve your troops fighting and defense skills by leveling up or evolving into other Patapon forms.
- Create your own Patapon Hero - Introducing the new Patapon Hero, a prized fighter that you can customize to fit any sort of fighting style desired. Unlock new abilities by mixing weapons and Patapon Hero masks.
- Additional Patapons - Discover the new ranks of Patapons: Toripon the flying bird riders; Robopon mech warriors and Mahopon the magicians. Unlock these new warriors to fight alongside all the original warriors in Patapon 1.
- Multiplayer Mode - Patapon 2 introduces multiplayer gameplay through Game Sharing
- Three Additional Commands and Miracles - More drumbeat commands allow for different tactics and gameplay action in this version of Patapon.
- Strategic Gaming - Patapon delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle. In Patapon 2, not only has the number of weapons and equipment doubled, but Patapons can evolve, and Hero Patapon customization features will play an important part in deciding each battle!
- Mission Variety - Take part in more than 80 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover up to 22 bosses and access hundreds of new items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Unique Art Style - French graphic artist Rolito, noted for his abstract art style seen in collectible toys, animation, and websites, lends his skills to create a variety of unique characters and environments, bringing the Patapon world to life.
- Mini Games - Seven music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
- Music - Captivating and dramatic original music builds dynamically as players march and encounter enemy battles throughout each level.