List Price: $19.99
The complete condition of pre-owned
NOTE: DLC or codes for online access may be missing /expired and may require additional purchase with preowned games. We do not differentiate between original release, day one editions, Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, or Nintendo Selects versions. If you would like to receive a specific version, please contact us.
For years, the success of planetary colonization has resulted in several planets to become inhabited by humans. While the majority of colonies have aligned to form the ISA, the Helghast, a ruthless, militaristic separatist faction have distanced themselves secretly planning to scale an all out war. Killzone takes place during the initial Helghast blitzkrieg of the nearby colony of Vecta. As Vecta City's orbital defenses mysteriously fail, the Helghast have been able to land and deploy their troops rapidly and with ease. As the planetary defense forces become overrun and scattered into the city, the initial objective as an ISA member is to escort a high-ranking official to an evacuation point.
- Killzone is the premier first-person shooter, available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system.
- Killzone is an epic conflict, set in the near future, between an elite squad of human ISA forces versus the invasion of the Helghast.
- Killzone features a unique graphical style to capture the grit and realism of intense military engagements.
- Killzone is inspired by the classical military engagements of human history (ex: trench battles of WWI, city sieges of WWII and guerilla warfare in the jungles of Vietnam).
- Killzone is an immersive cinematic experience integrated into several gameplay modes featuring single player, multiplayer (team-based and competitive) and online.
- Online broadband gameplay supports up to 12 players coupled with voice-chat technology via the USB Headset (for PlayStation 2).
- Players can select between four characters; each with special abilities and weaponry to accommodate their playing style - sneak through jungles or blast through alleyways.
- Killzone features 11 intricately detailed environments that showcase the harsh setting of a war-ridden planet.
- Players can equip themselves with an armory of 27 different weapons influenced by today's modern military equipment* *Weapons include 21 first-person weapons that the player can carry, five emplaced weapons, and hand grenades.
- Highly-advanced artificial intelligence - Helghast enemies calculate threats, maintain squad directives and adhere to self-preservation tactics to determine a unique course of action.
- Killzone features an original score performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus.