The complete condition of pre-owned
Haunting Ground includes
NOTE: DLC or codes for online access may be missing /expired and may require additional purchase with preowned games. We do not differentiate between original release, day one editions, Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, or Nintendo Selects versions. If you would like to receive a specific version, please contact us.
Trade-in Today and Get Up to: $80.00
Haunting Ground (PlayStation)
A spine-chilling physiological thriller, Haunting Ground is set in a mysterious castle that has become a prison for two innocent characters - an orphaned young girl and a white shepherd dog. The game combines compelling ambiance of terror and solitude with challenging puzzles and a unique gameplay approach. Players take the role of Fiona Belli, an 18-year-old girl who is the sole survivor of a tragic car accident that has claimed bother her parents. When she regains consciousness following the accident, she finds herself locked up in an unfamiliar old castle, with no clear way out.
As she makes her way through unsettling surroundings, she encounters an array of strange inhabitants and learns that she has become the heiress of the mysterious castle upon her parent’s death. Fiona also comes across Debilitas, a deformed and disturbed man who chases her relentlessly. Luckily, she meets a white shepherd dog named Hewie who also also been trapped in the castle. By saving him the shackles that imprison him, an instant bond is formed...
- Unique partnership dynamic – In order to succeed, players must foster the complex connection between Fiona and Hewie which evolves as the game progresses
- Realistic canine model – Hewie was created using motion capture and studying a real dog to convey true behavior and movements in the game
- Classic commands including attack, come, go, sit, stay and more
- Hewie displays a variety of reactions to each command
- The stronger the bond between Fiona and Hewie, the more likely he will be to obey her commands
- Engrossing atmospheric effects - Extra touches heighten fearful situations:
- Control pad mimics Fiona's pounding heartbeat
- Fiona becomes more difficult to control the more time is spent near an enemy
- If Fiona is not able to escape a threatening scenario, the screen becomes grainy, changing to black and white and eventually sending her into panic mode
- Only by evading the perils can everything return to normal
- Music adapts to gameplay, changing relative to the enemies' proximity and threat level to Fiona
- Enemies can hear and will react to sounds in the game, so Fiona must be careful when treading near them
- Likewise, Hewie can hear noises and alert Fiona to impending danger
- Fully interactive environment - Players must cleverly hide behind objects to escape from enemies and utilize objects in the vicinity to solve puzzles
- Cinematics directed by Naoto Takenaka – In order to provide the right sense of fear and a haunting atmosphere, Takenaka, a Japanese film director and actor, has been enlisted to manage the in game cut scenes